Thursday, March 10, 2011

March 9, 2011

March 9 was my birthday. I am grateful for the gift of another year. Whether you are young or older, every day is a gift from God. My birthday was a great day. All the birthday wishes I received on facebook along with the tons of cards I got made me feel special and loved. I am so thankful or the love, prayers and support everyone has shown to Emy and me in our difficult journey with ASL. You all are truly a blessing God has given us. I am humbled by the outpouring of love displayed to me today. Thank you!
I would like to express my sincere thanks to the wonderful caregivers God has blessed us with. Irina is a special person with a heart of gold. She has a sweet caring spirit and is so positive about everything. She is very patient with me when I try to speak. Sometimes I think can read my mind and knows what I need before I even ask. She's also good for Emy. She provides her with encouragement and support. Not just a caregiver for me but also a true friend to
Emy. Trinity is one of the other caregivers. She does a good job as well with a light hearted attitude.
And then there's my wife and my sons and their wives who also take good care of me. I could not do this journey without them. I am truly blessed and I love each one one of them. I don't know what this year will hold for me but I know who holds the future and that's all that matters.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you very much!! You are the strongest greatest person I know!! <3

Clint Miller said...

i agree with Anonymous! haha love ya dad

Anonymous said...

You blog really touched me! I read a book about a man with ALS and he reminds me so much of you! Continue on with your positive outlook and attitude and you will go far and touch so many people! I'm praying <3