Thursday, May 31, 2012

May 2012

May has been a month filled with mixed emotions. Lately I've been struggling with a feeling I just can't seem to shake. Two friends of mine are fighting cancer. I must admit, it has left me wondering about God's love for us. It's like the devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other, having a war of words with my mind. How can God love you and allow disease to destroy your life, the little devil asks. Then the angel says, God loves you and has a plan for your life, do you trust him with that? In my heart I want to believe that but the other voice keeps taunting me, you can't really believe that do you? Look at you and your friends, how could you possibly believe that?
While my faith may have been tested, I still believe God has a plan and purpose for each one of us. The following is taken from my friend Shawn Smucker's blog.

"The fire rages in our lives, and in its wake we are left feeling disappointed, bitter, angry or depressed. Or all four. Or something else. The landscape of our life begins to feel charred and dead. Worthless. Mordor-like."

Sometimes it takes the fire to purge our lives so new new life can begin to flourish. As I process what God's trying to show me through all this, I'm reminded once again that God does care and love us despite our inability to accept what we experience in this life on earth. So, go to hell you little devil, because I refuse to listen to you anymore.

If you would like to read more of Shawn's blog go to http://wp.me/p1AFbN-1gH

No comments: