Monday, September 28, 2009

September 19 Gordie's Day




Every year since I was diagnosed with ALS, my wife's sister and husband have a fundraiser for us to help with all the expenses involved with ALS. The fundraiser includes a motorcycle run, car show, and chicken bar-b-que along with other food items that are donated. It was a picture perfect day.
I am truly grateful but I'm humbled by the generosity, kindness and love that I receive from everyone that come out and support us.
As much as I hate this disease, I can say God is good. He has brought people into my life that I would otherwise never had the pleasure of meeting. He has shown me his love and kindness through others, many that I've never known.
I know I am in God's hands and I will trust him with my life.
Thanks to all for your prayers, love, support in this journey.







7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a picture perfect day! Buck and I enjoy doing this for you and Emy. We love you!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks to all Gordie's family and friends for making this day a happen. We raised 5,400.00. Thanks to all.

Be blessed!

Buck and Verna Mowday

chad said...

thanks for everyone's support of Gordie's day! It was a great day :) thanks to all who helped!

Dad - you are blessed to be surrounded by such a loving group of family and friends. I'm proud of who you are.

Emy said...

What a perfect day for Gordies day...Thank you everyone for your support and caring spirit.

Honey you are a loved man! I love you...Emy

Anonymous said...

Gordie and Emy, think of you often/ thank you for sharing your photos.

Love you
judy

Anonymous said...

Hi Gordie - Praying for you tonight! We love you so much :) and are so thankful for the blessing of family and God's grace when we need them the most. Know that we appreciate you so much!!

Janae & Ryan Dagen

Verna said...

Gordie, just wanted you to know Merrill and I are thinking about and praying for you and Emy.
Continue to lean on Christ for courage and strength. We love you guys.