Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Some Thoughts About Easter

Wow, May is here already! How time flies by! This Easter, I have been thinking a lot about God's amazing grace and how incredible our heavenly Father is. Our pastor has been speaking about this the past several weeks and it just reminded me of how amazing and incredible our Father really is.
There have been times I questioned how God could allow some of his children to suffer, when there are those who despise God and seem to live healthy prosperous lives. God promises us our rewards in heaven while they enjoy their rewards here on earth.
Regardless of my my disease, I can say God is good and just. After all, he suffered more than any of us will ever have to. He gave his life so that you and I can have salvation from our sins. That is why his love for us is so amazing! There is absolutely nothing we can do on our own to receive God's amazing grace. He gives his grace freely to all regardless of our past history or how good we think we are. Like the story of the prodigal son, he is anxiously waiting for us to come to him no matter how dirty we are from the filth and slop of this world.
I love the song amazing grace that saved a wretch like me. It just resonates with me.
As for me physically, I'm doing about the same as the last report, other than that, my speech is no longer understandable and my fingers and hands are becoming weaker.
I'm trying to enjoy each day and make the best of my situation.

1 comment:

Dan Zink said...

Hi Gordie, as always, I thank you for your spiritual strength which inspires me and your perspective on your situation, which challenges me. My Sunday mornings are always just that much better when I get to see you there. Dan Z.