Friday, April 30, 2010

3rd Annual 5K Run
























For the third year now Carol Miller from our church put together a 5k run/walk to raise money for Emy and me to help us with expenses not covered by insurance. It was a cold damp morning on the day of the run but 77 runners and walkers showed up to participate. Once again I am amazed at the love and support from folks I don't really know, get up to run at 6:00 on a cold damp morning and run for me.
A special thanks to Carol for her caring spirit and desire to want to do this to help us. It is truly a blessing to have people around me and a church's support, that do what they can to make this journey a little easier. I am humbled and amazed how God provides our needs. Sometimes words just don't express how I really feel. It was a great morning and my nephew came in first place. Thanks to all who those who participated. God bless you all!
I got my speech device which helps me to communicate my needs. It is something to get used to and I'm still trying to get the hang of it. Thank God for technology! Otherwise, I feel fairly good and am enjoying the warmer weather.

No comments: