Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Thanksgiving

Well here it is November already and Thanksgiving day is fast approaching. I am reminded once again that we have so much to be thankful for. Living here in the US we don't realize how blessed we are compared to some other countries around the globe. There is so much that we take for granted and yet we complain about things we don't have or think we deserve. Here is a list of things I am thankful for this holiday season. I'm sure I'll think of more reasons to be thankful after I post this but here are some of the things that come to mind at the moment.


Some things I'm thankful for,


My caring wife Emy, Chad, Clint, and soon to be daughter-in-law Tonya


My family and friends


Everyone who helped with modifications to our house such as painting, drywall work, minor repairs, installation of new shower, etc.


My Tuesday night buddies who give up their evening to spend time with me.


Gap Community Church for all the support they provide. (fundraisers, meals, prayers)


God's gift of salvation through Jesus Christ


God's promise of heaven for those that remain faithful


God's amazing grace






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gordan! When I was in PA last month one of the cousins or maybe it was one of my siblings? told me about your blog. Finally this evening I got around to reading all your posts. Wow. I'm in awe of how the Lord has worked in your life so far. Wow. I'm so sorry about the ALS... But I love the way you refuse to be bitter about it!! Your family must be a real inspiration too - God bless you all!!! (Hi Emma!!) You've got a cousin in KS cheering for you! Brenda

Anonymous said...

Good Morning, Gordie

I am thankful I don't ALS and am healthy which is taken for granted too often.


Also, thankful for a friend like you who must rely on people to help you but yet you have a positive outlook. You are a true inspiration.

So glad you are blogging and which helps to keep in touch with you.

It's a gloomy day but pray that you will have many moments of sunshine today.

Love,
Mary Ann(& LLoyd)

Clint Miller said...

awesome post dad! we are definitely blessed!

but you spelled tanyas name wrong :)

welsh said...

Bless you on your journey. I became acquainted with ALS through my sister's illness nearly 15 years ago. She, much like you, weathered this disease with grace and a positive attitude. All my problems immediately became mere incoveniences and I was humbled by her strength. I am sure you are an inspiration to others as you face this challenging time in your life.